Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone find this a useful feature?
What would possess Toyota to think that "average speed since engine start" would be more useful than, say, a digital readout of current speed?
It's just annoying to have to cycle through it when going through the displays.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone find this a useful feature?
What would possess Toyota to think that "average speed since engine start" would be more useful than, say, a digital readout of current speed?
It's just annoying to have to cycle through it when going through the displays.
LOL! I had to crack up when reading your post! Yeah, can you imagine threading that little nugget into your conversations..."hey, FYI my average speed in my new RAV has been 14 km/hour, just thought you might find that f'ing interesting!" I think I'd rather see what the average temperature was while driving the thing!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Or, how about . . . "LF tire 32 psi". Press the button, then "RF tire 31 psi". And so on...

·
Registered
137 Posts
"Officer, I realize that I was doing 90 in a 65 mph zone, but did you know that my average speed since I started my engine is 22 miles per hour?"

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Officer, I realize that I was doing 90 in a 65 mph zone, but did you know that my average speed since I started my engine is 22 miles per hour?"
Officer: Oh wow, sorry, you RAV guys with the average speed are killing us, glad everyone doesn't have one a those or we'd never get anybody!"

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Gee whiz, where is their head? Average Miles-per-gallon would be much more useful. Ya think?
BTW, the speedometer is digital. It just displays as if analog.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, the speedometer is digital. It just displays as if analog.
...which makes it even more puzzling. The speedometer is already getting a digital signal, so how hard would it have been to have a digital display? If it could have been easily switched between miles/km it would have been even more useful.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
...which makes it even more puzzling. The speedometer is already getting a digital signal, so how hard would it have been to have a digital display? If it could have been easily switched between miles/km it would have been even more useful.
Megosh, what you are seeing is average miles per gallon. Not speed!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...and I should point out that this is on a 2015 Limited model RAV. Other models may not have this display.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It also displays elapsed time since last engine start. Now if it would just display something important for safety, like tire pressure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think average speed might be useful on road trips.
I would like to figure out some sort of avg mph to average mpg ratio.
i.e. if I avg 65 mph, I get 30 mpg. if I avg 75 mph, I get 25 mpg.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Current speed would have been nice, I don't like that the speedometer only has numbers every 20mph on my 2014.
And it's digital yet off by about 3mph.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wonder if that is why Toyota never added the digital speed display, it would show how far off the gauge is and everyone would be going to the dealer to get their speedos fixed.
It is annoying that most vehicles these days have a digital speed display but more importantly as mentioned above.... tire pressure display, but Toyota doesn't. For a company that does a decent job of including other safety features, not having a readily accessible tire pressure display is a big miss.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder if that is why Toyota never added the digital speed display, it would show how far off the gauge is and everyone would be going to the dealer to get their speedos fixed.
It is annoying that most vehicles these days have a digital speed display but more importantly as mentioned above.... tire pressure display, but Toyota doesn't. For a company that does a decent job of including other safety features, not having a readily accessible tire pressure display is a big miss.
As more of these systems get put into cars people will rely more and more on them. These systems make people stupid. People are ready blame malfunctioning "safety" systems on accidents. Won't be long til people who can read directions in cursive and operate a tire gauge rule the world.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts