Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a long running post thats become somewhat rambling about whether Rav4 Hybrid is AWD? I truly don't care what the definition, AWD, iWD or whatever. View this fellows video of realistic winter/snow experience. No, not trying to climb mountains, tow something or going off-road. Simply usage thats resembles realistic use. Looks perfectly fine to me....

https://youtu.be/DzEKK1IyRaA

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
420 Posts
It has quite good traction starting and going slow you will not be disapointed. It does not handle cornering well because it has a tendency to put to much power up front initially making it plow straight if driven in an inspired matter. If you search for threads started by my nick there should be a winter driving thread.

Ive had 5 awd cars, best was a Subaru Forester which didnt seem to care about snow and ice now matter what.

The RAV4 is an excellent winter car with good heating I drove it alot in snow during several skiing trips

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has quite good traction starting and going slow you will not be disapointed. It does not handle cornering well because it has a tendency to put to much power up front initially making it plow straight if driven in an inspired matter. If you search for threads started by my nick there should be a winter driving thread.

Ive had 5 awd cars, best was a Subaru Forester which didnt seem to care about snow and ice now matter what.

The RAV4 is an excellent winter car with good heating I drove it alot in snow during several skiing trips

I agree, my current Rav4 has been excellent in ALL types of weather. Excellent/fast heating, more than up to the challenge for everyday sensible use in snowy conditions. However I now have ICE Rav4. I take delivery next week of a Hybrid limited. My interest was how comparable the Hybrid might be to my current Rav4 ICE experiences. May I assume your comments were referencing the Hybrid version? Now learning from someone in Sweden regarding snow usage has ALLOT of credibility. haha

Thank you for sharing your comments....Bob

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes I have the hybrid. Your current RAV4 is probably slightly better because it has the coupling between front and rear axle. The floor inside the rav4h is really flat on the other hand because of the same reason, a feature I only seen in luxury cars.

Best winter feature is that you can sit with the heater on while parked without having the ice running.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have the hybrid. Your current RAV4 is probably slightly better because it has the coupling between front and rear axle. The floor inside the rav4h is really flat on the other hand because of the same reason, a feature I only seen in luxury cars.

Best winter feature is that you can sit with the heater on while parked without having the ice running.

Since your point of no ICE and can have heat, can i assume heating comes on faster with cold start? Not imperative, but nice if true. Looking forward to getting the Hybrid next week. Truthfully I was 50/50 on getting the Hybrid. Just seemed like nice relaxing car to drive. Yes, I've heard the criticisms of it "not being a divers car", I have a Corvette, I get my jollies then. Hopefully I'll be pleased. Seems to me Hybrid is wave of the future for foreseeable.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
You can how disabling traction control helps in this video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts