Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered 50 sq. ft of B-Quiet Ultimate :D so i should get it early next week.

I would luv to install it right away but may not have the time.

The main goal is to do the rear where the howling comes from the Hankook Ventus's. Depending on what i have left over i may do the front floor after.

I will try to take pics of the steps for others even though it should be pretty easy. :wink:

Cheers,

Walt

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Walt,

I would be very interested in your experiences, pictures, etcetera as the road noise from my 4.2 is sometimes annoying, especially on long trips.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne, I have no back seats in my RAV and trunk cover so it is worst than usual. :roll:
This spring i installed my 2 front Summer tires a day before and the noise was minimal. After putting on the rears the road noise was max at 40 mph then dies down after 45.

I agree with you though, even with the OEM B-stones I expected my expensive L version to be quieter.

Walt

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm also going to be interested in your results.....
Hate to be a pessimist but I think you'll be disappointed :(
The tire noise gets transmitted by the half-shafts to the pumpkin which is bolted to the unitized body, and it all just acts like one big speaker, with the pumpkin being like the center magnet.......!!*&$%!! 3 generations and it's still a design flaw......
IMO the only thing that would be quiet, would be slicks and I don't think any of us want to try slicks.......especially in the wet.... :wink:

@Walt: New handle ...eh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts