Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Ltd edition.

Hi guys. In the center console I can't seem to find the back button to control music. It's especially needed when browsing music from a USB stick. Did Toyota really skip on this and expect users to navigate from the top again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I don't use USB audio, but the audio screen has back and fast forward controls, did you check the owner's manual? If you don't have one, you can download it on the Toyota Owner's site, that part is covered on about page 400 or so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Quickdtoo, thanks, I will checkout the owners manual but there clearly isn't a dedicated back button. We have the track> and skip < buttons but they are moving to the next song or the previous. Not having a back button is super annoying when browsing through different audio or system menus. I do see a soft (on screen) button show up sometimes but not always.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Ltd edition.

Hi guys. In the center console I can't seem to find the back button to control music. It's especially needed when browsing music from a USB stick. Did Toyota really skip on this and expect users to navigate from the top again?

I too found it frustrating that I couldn't go back one screen bur accidently discovered the solution. While playing a song off the usb stick touch the large usb icon on the left side of the screen and a screen will pop-up of the songs of the current album. The very top right back button takes you to the list of albums.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Stevie blunder sorry for the delay in replying. I did try your suggestion and it works half way through, that is: I hit the usb image (or album Art) on the currently playing screen and it takes me to the parent album. But that's it.

Pressing the back button on the right corner takes me back to the currently playing screen, not one level up to parent list of soogs/albums/genres and so on. Really frustrating.

I have the latest entune update installed, so not sure if the head unit firmware needs to be updated or what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts