Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,ive heard about a longer arm that can be fitted to 2002 model to allow back door to open to 90 degrees,are these still available,does anyone know toyota part number for this please

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back door arm

thanks kelly pics REALLY help as my local dealers parts dept never really are that helpfull,if i cant get it from dealer.....any where on internet or these forums,also does rear door panel just prize off the usual plastic clips to be able to get to arm? are clips likley to break?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Is it just UK models that don't open all the way?

Mine opens like this and its factory. Weird......

Never knew people had this problem.

Good luck with all that! Later. M. :eek:

P.S. Never read the info on this on the other posting. :oops: Now I understand. But still Weird... :lol:

F

·
0 Posts
I think it's just the UK models. The reason is from a position directly behind the car you must be able to see both sets of rear lights with the tailgate fully open. With the RAV the spare wheel blocks one light when open fully. In theory your RAV is not allowed on UK roads after the modification to open fully, but I'm sure no one would ever know or even care!

X

·
0 Posts
You are exactly right Fatboy, but the mod does`nt stop there some people my self encluded add 3m reflective strip down the inside of the opened door & some even use led lights wired from the number plate

·
Registered
771 Posts
The door not opening all the way is done to satisfy the laws allowing Toyota to sell these vehicles there.

I'm sure there aren't any "back door" cops out there waiting for you to be pulled over on the side of the road. I can't count the number of times that I've been parked on the side of the road with the door wide open anyway. (I think 1 or zero.....I'm not sure) We have alot more space over here anyway to pull over. Afterall its Canada with the same number of people as California USA. Heck,...we each have our own lanes to drive in! :lol:

Don't loose sleep over it. If you do get asked by the cops about it just say it came that way. They would have a tough time proving otherwise.

The reflective tape is a good idea all the same though. Might add it to mine just for the hell of it! Thanks. Later. M. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts