Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2017 hybrid limited and the back seat on the passenger side seems to be hot while the A.C. is on. It is hot out, but seems to get warmer as the car is driving. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to stop it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That is weird. The battery is under the rear seat and there are cooling fans on either side of the lower rear seat. You can see them with the back door open. Maybe one is blocked or failed? I've never paid too much attention and rarely carry rear seat passengers other than our 3 year old in his car seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2017 hybrid limited and the back seat on the passenger side seems to be hot while the A.C. is on. It is hot out, but seems to get warmer as the car is driving. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to stop it.
I have a 2017 SE Hybrid and the back seat is warm and the weirdest thing is this is the first vehicle that you can feel the hot air move around the cabin as you brake or turn. It's almost like there is hot air in the back that moves around. When it's hot out I pretty much have to put the blower on a higher speed and turn auto off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have window shades on the back for my kid and they glow white when the back seat is too hot for a kid... and they're white a lot of the time.

I even rigged up a blower fan connected to the under seat fan and that helps a bit.. But it's damn hot back there!

Even just going camping the stuff in our cooler is half melted by the time we get there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts