Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a service appointment at the dealership today and they mentioned the above issue, I tried to google translate it from French so hopefully it's more meaningful to you than to me. My question, can I have this done at a cheaper garage or I am better of with them? Same question, if I were to replace the back brakes assemblies, can I have that done safely at another garage as well?

Thanks!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
Yes, any aftermarket garage that is top rated can do the work properly. Be aware of hack shops that half ass the work and charge you a fortune.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, any aftermarket garage that is top rated can do the work properly. Be aware of hack shops that half ass the work and charge you a fortune.
I see. It's just I want to avoid having to pay the dealership's usually excessive charges. But I don't want to forgo quality work and pieces though for components such as brakes for instance. To give you an example, last time the garage charged me 600 to replace the front brakes, discs and all, cause apparently it was too rusted etc. The car has less than 40k km.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I see. It's just I want to avoid having to pay the dealership's usually excessive charges. But I don't want to forgo quality work and pieces though for components such as brakes for instance. To give you an example, last time the garage charged me 600 to replace the front brakes, discs and all, cause apparently it was too rusted etc. The car has less than 40k km.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Perhaps you could get a recommendation from a friend/family member for a reliable local shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts