Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

new member here, proud Canadian 2008 V6 Rav4 owner. (I'm from Quebec, native french speaking so be easy on me on technical terms please :)

I'm in the process of installing a back up camera on the Rav, didn't want to go thru the trouble of getting the rear light signal and power for the camera from the back up lights (my hands can't reach the damn wires and would have to remove every single pannel + I don't fit that well in the trunk and have serious back issues)

So I've decided to tap power from the trunk light (12 Vdc DE3022) and run wires to a switch up front.

So far, when I turn the switch on, my radio (JVC KW-V200bt) goes to the camera screen with a message, but the screen stays black.

Camera is working (we tested it on my neighbour suv)
Camera is getting 12Vdc

Joined a diagram of my wiring (some parts are in french so don't mind those)

Could it be that I don't have enough amps?
wires are 20 AWG aviation

thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Did you get that solved, Weener? I remember when I installed my camera, I had a similar issue. Turned out that while tugging on wires the RCA video plug had come loose from the camera. I hope your issue is solved as easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solved, looks like I was half way unplugged in the av in hole. How did I manadge to do that is a mistery.

Switched to r-cam and everything is working just fine.

Camera seems to be rotated inside of the housing. I guess that's what happen when you buy a cheap one on ebay.

But tapping power in the trunk light works if you add a switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts