Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2016 Rav4 XLE for about 5 months. 4 times over these months I have put my Rav4 in reverse and the backup camera will come on but there are no guide lines at all...no red, blue, or yellow lines. When I restart the Rav4 then the lines are there. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes on our 2016 SE it has done it a few times. On one occasion it took multiple restarts to get the lines to show back up.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Reboot the head unit by holding the on/off/volume knob in for a few seconds, mine used to do weird things like turn the audio off when I put it in reverse and the camera was activated, hasn't done it since the reboot, same issue on my wife's Prius.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my 2017 XLE back on New Years Eve from the dealer pre-owned certified. I noticed on the reverse camera (backing up), that the tiny blue center line is jagged (not perfectly straight). It doesn't matter where I am. It can be hilly, flat, normal, straight, curved. It's like a fault in geology. The top part of the line is left of the line on the bottom, but still connected to the bottom. I just want to make sure it won't effect how to park it backwards, or if anything is off. I haven't bumped the camera. Any suggestions? Not a huge detail, but I just got the car. I'll ask the dealer to see if I can explain it to them. See attached pic (crooked small blue line).

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts