Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a used 2012 v6 limited rav. The backup camera in the mirror only shows a blue box when shifted into reverse. Can anyone give me some help in how to resolve? or how it is wired, driver side or passenger side? I'm a liottle nervous to just go pulling panels without some clue of what to look for and where teh wires should be.

Thank you

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,772 Posts
Sounds like the camera is not getting power. Have you checked the fuses? If you can download the service manuals, the 2011 supplement should have the schematics for the backup camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TAC, I know it's a long time since your original post, but I have the same problem. I have read dozens of posts about the blue screen, with many different suggestions for solving the problem. But I haven't seen/found any posts describing how to fix the problem. It seems that my camera on my 09 is dead. I took the entire side panel off (that was fun and interesting), but all looks good. I have the OEM camera with image in the rear-view mirror.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement camera that will work with the OEM rear-view mirror viewer? There are many on ebay and Amazon, but I can't tell if they work with the OEM viewer. One manufacturer told me they don't. They look like they fit, but I don't know if they'll work with the viewer.
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts