Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading trying to figure out why my 04 rav4 sport 2.4l auto awd threw a CEL and the vsc/trac light came on Advance auto said there is a bank1 upstream bad 02 sensor. A brake failure although the abs light isnt on and that the battery had low voltage. I checked the battery terminal and loosened and tightened the fuel cap. I unhooked the battery the lights went off there are codes for the battery having high or low voltage. Also the brake error code. All seems fine but it idles real bad now almost like it may be missing once your going it seems fine. There are no lights on. I did change the plugs last week but drove 50 miles with no problem. When I got it it idled a little funny but not like this.
I eliminated the coils by unhooking them one at a time. When I did this I rechecked all connections. I also put the battery from my honda in and it still did it. My multi-meter is broke so the advanced guy said my voltage was a tad low which is also still in the codes after I unplugged batteries but I have no lights on the battery or the CEL. I also put on the headlights and beeped the horn no dimming and if I rev it they get a tad brighter. It was not doing this when the light originally came on. now it idles around 500 rpm.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Baws, I saw your post in the other thread, but I didn't respond because I know zero about the 4.2. Get you a new multi-meter, they're cheap at Harbor Freight, Lowes, Home Depot, or Sears. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts