Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to remove another set of shafts today, so here is a picture. I am pointing to the oil hole that needs to be plugged.
View attachment 152197
I did the balance shaft delete on my 2.4 Camry but now I keep getting the knock sensor code. I really do not feel much vibration at all but it keeps coming back and the my transmission won't shift to overdrive. have u had any problems like that with yours?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I did the balance shaft delete on my 2.4 Camry but now I keep getting the knock sensor code. I really do not feel much vibration at all but it keeps coming back and the my transmission won't shift to overdrive. have u had any problems like that with yours?
no. The only thing that keeps it out of 4th gear is cold trans fluid before it warms up in sub zero temps. I think it's designed to stay out to help it warm up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no. The only thing that keeps it out of 4th gear is cold trans fluid before it warms up in sub zero temps. I think it's designed to stay out to help it warm up.
when a knock sensor code is detected the computer locks out overdrive to protect the engine. I have had this happen before when a mouse chewed the wire on one. I can delete the code and it drives fine until check engine light come on again. I just need a work around or else I will have to pay a lot to buy more balance shafts because mine were worn badly, hence the delete.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts