Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am trying to get an idea of what this red color is. On this web site alone, it looks like at least 4 different versions of red. On the one thred-pict time again, I still can't tell. Someone has a pict of a more red, then right next to it, it looks more maroon red. I had an app to go tonight at 6:30 in jersey, but the darn thing is sold already!!! Can anyone help??? Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
You're going to have to see it in person. I had a lot of trouble too trying to look at pictures online. flyingn has pictures of his online. His was one of the first I saw but I don't think his pictures do it justice. I think he was using some cheap ass camera :) (just kidding flyingn).

As you can see from the poll, it's a popular color. I'm picking my Barcelona Red up at the end of the week.

Too many people have bought the red, buy another color. :x :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Barcalona Red.....

It's brighter than maroon but a shade darker than fire engine red.
It just about matches the red tail light lens'.
Check out my album, the camera's resolution isn't that good but the shade of red is pretty accurate.
The dealer installed tiwn thin silver trim lines from the rear tip of the head light back to the front corner of the tail light and it looks pretty good. They're barely visable in the pics.
If you like red you'll definitely like the barcalona red.
A little more chrome trim would definitely accentuate the color that much better IMHO.
Volfandt

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Its the closest to candy apple red from the factory that I have seen in a while. My pics look about right buit it really depends on the sunlight.. It changes its look at dusk a lot.. Look at my album. If you want more pics Ill email. My dealer in Philly has 2 reds. Ones a sport v6.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not sure how one can describe it. A lot of the RAV colors need to be seen in person; they vary in sun/shade. Dark blue is very cool in sun but very black in shade. Green is very silvery in sun. Red turns maroon in shade. Check my album for more red pics.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
flyingn said:
Its the closest to candy apple red from the factory that I have seen in a while.
I'm with you Flyman, does look very close to a candy apple, especially in the direct sunlight. At just the right angle in sunlight, it also has a metallic hue. In shade it seems to get a deeper red. A nice "chameleon color"!

OC 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I understand the new camery comes in this barcelona red. I am going to see it on friday. At least that will help. It really does seem to change colors in sun/shade! Wild! Now, I just have to find a dealer that has one!!! I have been on the phone with about 4 different places now. If anyone is near the lehigh valley in pa, and knows of a place that has one or can get one, let me know!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have two photos in my album that I think are pretty true to the actual color of the car. The metallic doesn't show up in the photos. I definitely agree that the color seems to change, to me it sometimes looks darker. I love the color, I'm sure you will too once you see it in person.

R

·
0 Posts
Don't forget...each person's monitor may not show the color the same. You may want to try and calibrate your monitor to try to get the most accurate (original) color. I have found, however, that this will not always work if you have an old monitor or cheapie monitor....or if you don't have the proper drivers or software.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts