Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say, after driving and swearing by nothing but GM all my life, I have purchased my first Toyota. Yes, as my friends are saying, "Hell has frozen over!".

A Barcelona Red Sport V6 is on it's way to share the driveway with my Bright Red WS6 Trans Am, and get me through the winter months. I'm having a 9" flip down DVD system installed to keep my 2 year old daughter entertained on long trips to the cottage. Unfortunately, this is not a dealer option here in Canada.

Look forward to posting pics once this baby arrives!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but only on the limited. Plus it's $1799! Ouch.

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Congrats Davey, and welcome to the RAV club! I'm sure you'll love it! 8)

Yes, aftermarket DVD players are much cheaper and even grow as large as 17" LCDs... Not very practical to be hanging down in front of your rear view mirror when they're that big though... :wink:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Karrock, look forward to joining the club.

Spent a long time debating between this RAV and the new Saturn VUE. In the end quality, safety and performance won out over incentives and cost.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! Wow, you'll have one lovely driveway with those 2 vehicles! I'll also be a 1st time Toyota owner with my upcoming RAV4. It's also on order and will probably be another 5 weeks or so before I get it. Do you know how long 'til you get yours?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were very lucky. Our dealership was able to snag a Red RAV in transit. We will have it in one week!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davey68 said:
We were very lucky. Our dealership was able to snag a Red RAV in transit. We will have it in one week!
You lucky dawg!!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet car that WS6. The RAV will feel like a dog next to it, even the V6. But, you did make the right move in getting the V6 for winter fun :)

Congrats!

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
congrats!!! Great color choice too:)

Believe me. The Vue is not even in the same league as the Rav. In fact I drove a co workers Vue yesterday cause she wanted me to drive it to 'hear' a noise that scared her. Anyway. It was like I was driving a 77 Impala. All the comtrols were clunky and NOTHING worked with precision like a Toyota.. Im a GM man too and now a Toyota man:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, the RAV's performance really impressed me. No it won't run a low 13 stock, and it pins you to the seat rather than pushing you through it, but for what it is it's damn impressive! Plus, I can drive it in 6 ft of snow, can't do that with my WS6!

The new Vue, (2006) IS a big step up from the previous years. Saturn really did a nice job on the interior and you are getting a solid Honda powertrain. However, other things such as the AWD system, bushings, brakes, electrical, etc, were big question marks for me. Also, and this is a biggie for me having a toddler in the car, it FAILED the tip over test. The RAV did not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts