1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
newbe here
well I have a 2000 rav4. I have had it off the road for about a year
(the soon to be wife got three speeding tickets)
so back on the road
I need to know something I have replaced the battery in May and tried to start it to day. Did not start , so I jumped it . Ran it for some time !! turned it off, Tried to re start it .no luck
what to do (sears battery

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check with Sears. Most of their batteries come with a warranty. It might just need fully charged (which they might do, or a place like O'Reillys will do for free). If it's bad, they might replace it, since it's only been a year, depending on the type of battery you got.

If they don't, I recommend going to O'Reilly's and getting a battery there. You can choose between different warranty levels (in years), with the most basic being one-year, with two- and three-year batteries costing more but having a longer warranty. It's up to you which you want to get, since they'll all work, just some are guaranteed for longer than others. Also, O'Reilly's has been very good to me about recharging their batteries when they run dead (which I had to do about once a week in a Chevy Celebrity which had an oil leak that caused the alternator to ride forward and take tension off its belt).

Check with the place you got the battery. If they can't or won't replace it, then get a new one from somewhere that you can trust to replace it in the future, if something goes wrong. Also, it's a good idea to go out and let any car that's just sitting idle for at least ten or fifteen minutes at least once a month. It keeps things from settling in the engine too much and causing problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts