Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the battery level ever be at full green bars? Mine never seems to get closer than about 2 bars away from full it seems.

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,087 Posts
Discussed multiple times here, do a search for more discussion.
3-6 bars is the normal operating range, 2 bars is the minimum you'll ever see. 8 bars is rare and only after prolonged downhill stretches in EV mode.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the forum TruBlue, 8 bars is full charge, 2 is minimum. There is no need to be concerned as the system governs itself. Obviously, the more often you are in EV mode, the better your mileage. I hope you enjoy your Rav Hybrid as much as I enjoy mine!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Should the battery level ever be at full green bars? Mine never seems to get closer than about 2 bars away from full it seems.
Toyota maintains extremely long life on these batteries by never letting them become fully charged or fully drained. They tend to run between 20% and 80% at max.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Basically, if it's full, it can't regenerate when you brake, so the car always tries to leave some space at the top.

As others have said, they keep the batteries within a given range as well for the longevity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts