Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Toyota app on my Android phone does not display battery charging status for my 2022 RAV4 Prime XSE. Seems like a significant oversight on Toyota's part. I drove it home from the dealer yesterday, parked with 100% charge and woke up today with low battery. Off to a very poor start.

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
544 Posts
The Toyota app on my Android phone does not display battery charging status for my 2022 RAV4 Prime XSE. Seems like a significant oversight on Toyota's part. I drove it home from the dealer yesterday, parked with 100% charge and woke up today with low battery. Off to a very poor start.
Hi... welcome to the forum.

Less of an oversight, but more about trim/package differentiation (unfortunately). The XSE with the Premium package does show charge status, apparently other trims/packages do not.

App aside, you might be the first on the forum to actually have the 2022! How is it?

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
822 Posts
Your battery lost 100% charge while parked over night? Something is very wrong.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the 2022! Looking for info on the overhead console ...lights?
There are small led lights overhead, which you can turn on separately or together. I like the cabin setup, it is comfortable and the cell phone inductive charger is great. Toyota user interface screen is large and not very intuitive. And I just can't believe they did not put a battery monitor or report. If I open the door it just reports time to full charge on the dash. That is really lame.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
563 Posts
Screen is laggy.
If the battery was full when you parked and dead the next morning it needs to go back to the dealer (assuming you didn’t leave the car on all night).

Welcome to the forum! But its a short welcome because you are the first person to appear with a 2022. While you are reveling in your stardom can you answer one question? What buttons are lit at night on the overhead console where the lights and sunroof controls are? If any? Consider it a quid pro quo :)

·
Registered
97 Posts

Less of an oversight, but more about trim/package differentiation (unfortunately). The XSE with the Premium package does show charge status, apparently other trims/packages do not.

App aside, you might be the first on the forum to actually have the 2022! How is it?
Base XSE with no packages also shows live charging status. I don’t think the SE trim does.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the 2022! Looking for info on the overhead console ...lights?

Driving it is a good car. Getting used to how AI changes performance, but this one feels less intrusive or headstrong than my wife's Jeep Compass. It changes between EV and HV pretty constantly, you just have to let it. The power output that results is phenomenal. I keep checking gages when the gas engine kicks in. Every time you turn on window defrost the gas motor starts.
If the battery was full when you parked and dead the next morning it needs to go back to the dealer (assuming you didn’t leave the car on all night).

Welcome to the forum! But its a short welcome because you are the first person to appear with a 2022. While you are reveling in your stardom can you answer one question? What buttons are lit at night on the overhead console where the lights and sunroof controls are? If any? Consider it a quid pro quo :)
The lights in the overhead console are only on briefly when I stop the car or open the doors. When its turned off many functions stop, like the power windows. They only operate when the car is fully on. Overhead console lights go completely dark at night.

The battery was never completely dead. It was just too low to operate EV only on Sunday morning and I'm not sure why. I recharged the battery all day Sunday and it held the charge overnight. I must have left on some environmental controls Saturday night. But I dont know and the systems don't allow me to view or analyze battery status or history of use. More useful tools Toyota did not provide. I really like the car, but not the supporr service.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime max trim
1,059 Posts
Why and when a R4Prime turns ICE-on can be a great mystery. Check out the long list of know/unknown conditions that can cause unexpected ICE-on events in the Owner’s manual. You found the front defroster ICE-on trigger. You can also experiment with adaptive cruise control, and paddle shifters that when regen-ing (too much) can trigger ICE-on also.

That sounds like some confusing Overhead backlit button functionality, unless you are just saying that when the R4P is not in READY or IGNITION ON all backlight buttons are lit, and when you turn R4P off they turn off too.

Carista beta app has some interesting settings that will allow special window/moonroof opening/closing operations after you turn R4Prime off. You can open all the windows and moonroof via key FOB, and close all windows/moonroof with physical key lock-turn. If you turn on these functions, you must accept the risk of unintentially press and hold FOB Unlock to open all windows and moonroof and let Mother Nature in (Murphy’s law indicates it will be during a rain storm).

Battery mystery needs more details. How did you see that it had full traction battery after charging SAT? How did you verify that the big traction battery (not 12v) was too low for EV mode? It will start the ICE for a ton of reasons besides low traction battery. There have been posts about (near) first charging sessions taking longer than normal, maybe because it is conditioning the new traction battery.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
822 Posts
The lights in the overhead console are only on briefly when I stop the car or open the doors. When its turned off many functions stop, like the power windows. They only operate when the car is fully on. Overhead console lights go completely dark at night.
I think the questions about the lighting is more about the illuminated buttons in the overhead console, not the reading lights. Does the same apply?

The battery was never completely dead. It was just too low to operate EV only on Sunday morning and I'm not sure why. I recharged the battery all day Sunday and it held the charge overnight. I must have left on some environmental controls Saturday night. But I dont know and the systems don't allow me to view or analyze battery status or history of use. More useful tools Toyota did not provide. I really like the car, but not the supporr service.
There aren't any controls that you can leave on that would kill the HVB overnight. What was the battery level according to the gauge needle in the car the next morning? Was it down to the line between green and blue? Is it possible that your battery was still fully charged, but it wouldn't stay in EV mode for another reason? Like it was too cold?

If your battery truely went from 100% to a low SOC overnight, something is very wrong with your car.

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
544 Posts
I'm not seeing the charge status on my 2022 XSE PP in the app either..
The 'Charge Management' card should be in your app:

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Electric blue

When pressing 'Advanced Settings' you should see:

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Electric blue

It's not exactly detailed/precise data, but at least it's something. Many of us use the app that came with our EVSE instead, if that is an option in your case. I have a ChargePoint Flex EVSE, and the included app gives plenty of detail on charge status, including charge cycle graphs, history, etc....

·
Registered
43 Posts
nope.. there is no charge management card in my app. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, still not there. I can unlock, lock and start the car, but I can't see the charging status.

·
Registered
2021 Prime XSE, former Prime SE [sold]
563 Posts
nope.. there is no charge management card in my app. I just uninstalled and reinstalled, still not there. I can unlock, lock and start the car, but I can't see the charging status.
I am 99% certain that the crack team of engineers over at Toyota responsible for the app hasn't loaded the 2022 VIN's correctly and/or has some bug in their code where 22's aren't fully functional. I'm sure that team is doing the best they can but Toyota has proven that they aren't an good at app development (despite being a damn good manufacturer). You're enjoying the blessing of mediocrity :). They'll get it fixed. One day you'll load it up and it'll work. That day might not be today though!

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
544 Posts
That's odd. One other thing to check just in case you haven't already, if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the app you should see that the last card can be swiped left multiple times to reveal other cards. Also at the bottom there may be a 'Show x hidden cards' button, if so tap it.

If the card is indeed missing, I sure hope that's an oversight with the 2022 models that can be corrected. Be sure to open a case with Toyota to report the issue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts