Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
822 Posts
The Toyota app on my Android phone does not display battery charging status for my 2022 RAV4 Prime XSE. Seems like a significant oversight on Toyota's part. I drove it home from the dealer yesterday, parked with 100% charge and woke up today with low battery. Off to a very poor start.
Your battery lost 100% charge while parked over night? Something is very wrong.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
822 Posts
The lights in the overhead console are only on briefly when I stop the car or open the doors. When its turned off many functions stop, like the power windows. They only operate when the car is fully on. Overhead console lights go completely dark at night.
I think the questions about the lighting is more about the illuminated buttons in the overhead console, not the reading lights. Does the same apply?

The battery was never completely dead. It was just too low to operate EV only on Sunday morning and I'm not sure why. I recharged the battery all day Sunday and it held the charge overnight. I must have left on some environmental controls Saturday night. But I dont know and the systems don't allow me to view or analyze battery status or history of use. More useful tools Toyota did not provide. I really like the car, but not the supporr service.
There aren't any controls that you can leave on that would kill the HVB overnight. What was the battery level according to the gauge needle in the car the next morning? Was it down to the line between green and blue? Is it possible that your battery was still fully charged, but it wouldn't stay in EV mode for another reason? Like it was too cold?

If your battery truely went from 100% to a low SOC overnight, something is very wrong with your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts