Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Toyota app on my Android phone does not display battery charging status for my 2022 RAV4 Prime XSE. Seems like a significant oversight on Toyota's part. I drove it home from the dealer yesterday, parked with 100% charge and woke up today with low battery. Off to a very poor start.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the 2022! Looking for info on the overhead console ...lights?
There are small led lights overhead, which you can turn on separately or together. I like the cabin setup, it is comfortable and the cell phone inductive charger is great. Toyota user interface screen is large and not very intuitive. And I just can't believe they did not put a battery monitor or report. If I open the door it just reports time to full charge on the dash. That is really lame.

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 Prime XSE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on the 2022! Looking for info on the overhead console ...lights?
Hi... welcome to the forum.

Less of an oversight, but more about trim/package differentiation (unfortunately). The XSE with the Premium package does show charge status, apparently other trims/packages do not.

App aside, you might be the first on the forum to actually have the 2022! How is it?
Driving it is a good car. Getting used to how AI changes performance, but this one feels less intrusive or headstrong than my wife's Jeep Compass. It changes between EV and HV pretty constantly, you just have to let it. The power output that results is phenomenal. I keep checking gages when the gas engine kicks in. Every time you turn on window defrost the gas motor starts.
If the battery was full when you parked and dead the next morning it needs to go back to the dealer (assuming you didn’t leave the car on all night).

Welcome to the forum! But its a short welcome because you are the first person to appear with a 2022. While you are reveling in your stardom can you answer one question? What buttons are lit at night on the overhead console where the lights and sunroof controls are? If any? Consider it a quid pro quo :)
The lights in the overhead console are only on briefly when I stop the car or open the doors. When its turned off many functions stop, like the power windows. They only operate when the car is fully on. Overhead console lights go completely dark at night.

The battery was never completely dead. It was just too low to operate EV only on Sunday morning and I'm not sure why. I recharged the battery all day Sunday and it held the charge overnight. I must have left on some environmental controls Saturday night. But I dont know and the systems don't allow me to view or analyze battery status or history of use. More useful tools Toyota did not provide. I really like the car, but not the supporr service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts