Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very pleased to see one of my friend replaced the the cowl cover from a 2001 model to the 2004 (5 dr). Now he can easily lift the replacement cover to access the battery terminal and make easy for jmup starting.

I wonder if the 3 dr RAV can be replaced with the redesigned cowl. Anyone know or tried it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The battery cover in the RAV 4,2 from 2004 has a sort of a window on it. The window can be lifted withour having to remove the whole cover and that lets you access the battery termionals. I saw it about a year ago at the Toyota but did not ask the dealer if it fitted the older models of RAV. I suspect it is extremely expensive. Let us know if any one has got the real price information.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to drop by my local dealer then to check it out. Was wondering if maybe it's just the Euro spec Ravs since you two are the only ones who've ever mentioned such a change. I'll go check out the Ravs in the dealer's lot today if I can to verify.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery Cover

I have ordered the parts required for the new cover with the small opening lid.

I paid £110. I know the parts are expensive, but I think it will be worth it if you decide to keep the car longer.

I will let you guys know when I fitted it.

nomoretoy :idea:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think I will go for the velcro technique instead of buying a new modern cover. That way I get to save 110 £. I am looking for a thin strip of black velcro right now!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New cover does fit 3 Door RAV 2001 model

The new battery cover with the small plastic window (allowing easy access to the battery terminals) does fit the 3 door RAV 2001 model. I have fitted this with no problem.

Nomoretoy

·
Registered
83 Posts
rang up the toyota daler the other day. He wanted 200 euros for the new cover. not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I know this is an old thread, but I lost my batter cover (Toyota RAV4 '03). I was looking for a used one but I didn't get any luck. Any suggestion?
I live in Houston, TX.

Thanks to everyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion!
I could not find the part on this website. The problem is also that I don't know exactly the name or the number of the part.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I was going to see if I could find it...but their site seems to be down right now.

However go to your local dealer and ask, they'll pull it up and then ask for their price and the Toyota PN. Then put it into 1sttoyotaparts.com and see how much more you'd save by buying through them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,
I think the battery cover cowl numbers for the 2004-2005 RAV4 are, the battery cover number is 55784-42021 and the little window number is 55786-42040. I hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts