Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard of power inverters causing issues with the Hybrid batteries? I’m about to go on a long road trip and need to be able to charge my laptop, so I recently bought this inverter:

Haven’t tried it out yet, just making sure I don’t muck something up when I hit the road with this thing. Any insight would be be much appreciated!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it's only for powering your laptop then it should be fine. Just don't get it anywhere close to drawing 300 watts as your fuse will blow. I think it's only rated for 15-20 amps depending on which plug you use (dashboard or cargo). If you have a newer laptop that takes USB C, it may be better to get an adapter that converts the 12v to USB output. It's more efficient compared to using the inverter to step up and convert from 12v DC to 110 AC then your power supply to step down and convert back to DC and whatever volts are required to run your laptop.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've never seen a laptop charger above 120W (and even then, it was likely spec'd that high so it could run power to other connected devices). you should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts