Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your RAV4 is not being used (eg: vacations), how long
does it take before the battery has to be jumpstarted ?
I have seen as little as two weeks (with what i would consider
to be a new and well loaded battery). I i suspect it is due
to a (battery) sucking alarm system. Just wondering what is
supposed to be normal.

·
Registered
986 Posts
There is nothing you can really consider normal, because it depends on so many individual factors. I myself have never encountered a dead battery in my life (at least in a car), however I have friends that can't leave their car sitting for more than a week without the battery dying. Other friends can put their car away for the winter and it will start right up in the spring without disconnecting anything or hooking up a trickle charger.

I can't comment on the Rav, because mine hasn't sat more than a day or two without being used since I got it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Rav 4 (2002) has sometimes been standing in the garage unused for three or four weeks at a stretch and has started without any problem. The only time I had problem with battery drain was in the old Toyota Corolla where the battery was literally dying after 9 years of use! The batteries seem to last for ever in some of these cars. Let me hope that I am just as lucky with RAV4 battery as I have been with the Corollas.

R

·
0 Posts
I have already changed my battery ....

If i park it in the garage for 3 weeks, CAR WONT START....that is after the battery is 3 years old...

When i got the car new and installed my sound system (8 speakers and subs ) I was able to listen to music for 3 hours and car would still start.....

After 3 years....listening to music for 45 min BATTERY DIED WONT START ...soo i changed the battery...
ALSO battery DONT LIKE COLD COLD COLD COLD weather... just to point that out.... !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts