Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2006 rav4, my battery light flickers occasionally. Just had it in for service, charging system checks out OK, alternator and battery less than 2 years old.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thx in advance for the help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Check the battery connections to see if the connections are tight. Also ensure there is no grease or dirt on the inside of the battery terminal. Clean any flaky white powers etc with baking soda and water solution.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2006 RAV V6 has had the flickering bat light for about 40k miles lol. When it first came on the battery died and all things led to a bad alternator. So I replaced the alternator and checked all voltages and the charging system and everything checks out. No corrosion whatsoever. But the stupid flickering battery light stayed flickering. Very annoying. But everything operates fine.
Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this flickering issue after replacing my alternator and battery (which needed replacement literally a week after I drove off the lot at CarMax) for about a month until yesterday while driving home from work my power steering suddenly stopped work and all emergency lights came up. This was the same thing that had originally happened requiring the need to replace the alternator/battery. I will be contacting CarMax tomorrow to diagnose the problem but just warning anybody dealing with this issue that it seems to be a recurring defect in 06/07 Rav4.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I had this flickering issue after replacing my alternator and battery (which needed replacement literally a week after I drove off the lot at CarMax) for about a month until yesterday while driving home from work my power steering suddenly stopped work and all emergency lights came up. This was the same thing that had originally happened requiring the need to replace the alternator/battery. I will be contacting CarMax tomorrow to diagnose the problem but just warning anybody dealing with this issue that it seems to be a recurring defect in 06/07 Rav4.
Have your car checked for a "parasitic load", which could be the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts