Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm having a problem finding the plastic pins that hold the shield/cover in place on the front under the hood.. My son changed my battery and noticed that there were only 3 pins left to hold the shield in place. It has to be removed in order to access the battery Another one broke off as he tried to remove them. I'm sure they are at the end of their life since the car is 14 years old. Does anyone know where I can find them? Are they expensive? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Try the dealership because since you don't need many they should be a few dollars each. There are not many aftermarket ones that are the same as the factory ones but some generic push pin clips do work but are different looking.

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Also, I was able to find pins which were better than OEM at our local Ace Hardware and they were something like 50 cents each. I had removed the plastic shield and broke most of the OEM pins since they wouldn't release as they were supposed to, so I ended up replacing all of them with the Ace Hardware pins, and the Ace pins are of better quality and can be removed without breaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts