Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the way to fix the ignition battery warning light. It has a weak light at all time when the ignition is on and whether the motor is running or not.
The charging is normal and everything is ok with the battery. Still there is a weak light in the red lamp. And sometimes the "Check Battery" shows, but there is nothing wrong with the battery.
Very annoying this red light.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Did you do a load test to make sure the battery is ok? That is the best way to eliminate if the battery is not bad even if it is fairly new.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
How do you know that the battery is good and that charging is normal? - in addition to DL 175's suggestion the alternator output should be checked. In the U.S. many auto parts supply stores will do those tests at no cost to the owner, but do not know about that in your region. Also suggest checking and cleaning battery terminals to make certain that there is no corrosion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing I checked was the battery and charging.
12.6 V without motor running, and 14.1V with motor running.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,643 Posts
I've seen odd lights like that on the dash caused by water leaking behind the instrument cluster. This usually happens because of an improperly sealed windscreen or clogged sunroof drains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts