Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically a few questions..... Which year RAV4 did the 3S-GE Beams VVT-i Grey-Top (intake manifold) come in? Was this engine offered in the states or was it only offered in the Australian RAV4?

Is there a BGB (Toyota Manual) for this engine in English? Any place to pick it up online? what model rav4 does it come in?

A background on why im looking for the information. Toyota produced an extremely rare engine called the beams redtop for the 1999 MR2 which is not offered in the states, only in Japan. As luck has it, i have been able to acquire this engine during my stay in Japan. Unfortunatly, no information in english is available and my Japanese is less than par. Coincidently the grey-top is supposed to be exactly the same as the redtop aside from detuning of the ECU because the RAV4 Grey-Top apprently only came in Automatic. So my search will hopefully bring me to purchasing a Toyota BGB in English for the grey top which i can use for my Red-top and online Tech manual coming to a future website called www.beams-redtop.com

Any information you have for me is greatly appreciated in advanced.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Phoenix, I think there's only a handful of people that can help you with this and I am one of those.

The Toyota Beams engine issued on the RAV4 is only available in Japan and most of them got exported to other countries as second hand. The Beams engine is available to the G-SPec series of the 3Door RAV4's only and they have a slightly wider wheelbase than those of the standard RAV4.

The RAV4 beams engine is rated at 160PS while those of the MR2 and Celica ST202 are rated 200HP stock.

What information do you need for these engines? I maybe able to provide you with information. For more information if you are looking for a transplant, go to the DIY section, I've posted an engine transplant section for you to go through.

CHeers.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help.

Basically, im looking for a Toyota Service Manual (BGB) for the Beams Grey-Top in english. I was told that there were Rav4's shipped to down under and toyota provided a manual in english, is this true?

Ive found plenty in japanese, but i cant read japanese (yet).

(Im an MR2 owner, and i have a redtop, but i want to put the grey-top manual on my website, www.beams-redtop.com )

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help, i just emailed him :)

and i got the email back saying the email addy doesnt exist :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for the help.

I believe i found it, not in english, but a translation company that will translate the japanese version into english, and at a killer price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts