Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was a downright balmy 48 degrees F. (if you overlook the 20 mph winds) here in SE Wisconsin, so of course I did what every Wisconsin born and raised Rav4 owner would do in such abnormally warm weather...put on a t-shirt, turn on the water supply to the outside faucet, haul the hose out of the garage, and hand washed the Rav!

So folks, this is about as clean as a Rav in Wisconsin in December is ever gonna get:

Note in the garage from left to right, my original hood, an old kitchen countertop, and my original Toyo tires, LOL! Gotta get rid of that stuff one of these days.

And while I'm at it, here are some non-flash pics of my interior so it doesn't look so shiny. Sorry guys, I just can't seem to give up my "grunge Bugs" soft toy.

Becky

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kelly!

Yep, the '04 bras finally arrived at my dealer (I harassed them regularly about it starting before I picked up the Rav in May) in October. It was installed the same day as the pics I put up in the album were taken. I know they're either a love 'em or hate 'em thing, but I HATE all the stone chips and stuck on bugs you get without a bra, so there it is. :D

Becky

J

·
0 Posts
OK, I just perused more of this site and found the answer.
This is one of the reasons I love having access to the internet/forums/etc. I've been pondering over the Katzkin products (autoleathers.com) for a couple of months now and couldn't decide on their product, etc. After seeing your pics, I'm comfortable now proceeding.

One question though: Did you use an aftermarket heated seat product or did you get the OEM unit/switchs from Toyota? I had planned on getting the OEM ones and having them installed when the seat covers were replaced. The only problem I have with that though is where the switchs go on the panel under the ashtray, I have my Kenwood Sirius KCAR71FM controller unit (it fit perfectly there with velcro) and will have to move my heated seat wiring over to the left part of the panel where there are 2 blank slots next to the tire monitoring pressure reset.

Sorry I got so wordy, I just got excited!

jerij

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerij, yep, they are indeed Katzkin. They are VERY nice quality, and I liked that they came with a very good warranty as well as $51 million insurance guaranteeing that my side airbags will function equally as well as if I still had the OEM fabric. The leather and seaming are beautiful.

The seat heaters are aftermarket, not the Toyota ones. They are by Comfort Zone and have a three year warranty. They can be set to high, low, or off. Rather than putting the switches in one (or actually two) of the blanks, they put them on the sides of the seats (the hard plastic part). It's the side closest to the door. I actually like this better than if they were in the blanks because the switches would've been blocked by anything in the cupholders otherwise. You can see the location of the switch on my husband's 4Runner HERE. I don't have a pic that shows my switches, but it's the same thing.

Becky

C

·
0 Posts
That looks great Becky! (Its me "stevenblue" here =) ) don't know if you remember me. But good job on it! I wish my seats looked like that hehe.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow Becky, those leather seats do look nice. I'm new here and own a 2002 Rav4 (still not a member, but will become one soon :mrgreen:)
I was wondering how much did you spend for the leather seats?
Happy New Year!

Miriam

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Miriam, the installed price will depend on who does it. You might want to check www.katzkin.com to see the list of authorized installers for your area and then give one of the installers a call. You can also get the leather kit for $750 if you know how to do the install or know someone who does (I don't...I've seen it done and it looks difficult if you don't know what you're doing :( ). Anyway, my installed price for front, back, and door panels was $900. I thought that was pretty reasonable since the kit by itself was $750.

Becky

1 - 10 of 10 Posts