1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Rav in the second pic below, hence I'm putting this one in OT:

Before (Dec. 31, 2004):

After (Jan. 6, 2005):

Exactly one week after we had temps near 50 degrees F. and I hand washed the Rav, the second pic shows what we're left with now that the storms have moved out. We got something like 8 or 10 inches of snow, I didn't check the official totals. The Rav's not so clean now, that's for sure, but she is having lots of fun playing in the snow!

BTW, no Rav in the second pic because I was at WORK while Ricky got to lounge around at home (he works for a school that closed due to the storm). On the upside, I got to go driving in the middle of the storm! :D

Becky

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah, I know how it feels to wash the car very nicely and then, boom! rain (here in Sacramento). I haven't washed my car for about 3 weeks :oops: because it kept raining on the weekends, which are my only days off. I took my car today to the dealership for its 30,000 miles schedule maintenance, and I guess that the service people felt so sorry about my car, that they gave it a wash :p . I did not mind at all :D

Miriam

J

·
0 Posts
It rarely snows alot here in Kansas. More often than not we get ice, and lots of it. Our last storm here we got at least 1.5" of pure ice, and road crews here still haven't figured out how to keep roads clear. The only upside to this is that we rarely have to trim our trees because everything that is dead just falls off with all of the ice.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, I know that feeling as well. I've been wanting to wash the car the last three weeks like garfieldgurl, but can't cause I'm in the same stormy weather she's in. Really need to wash though so I can reapply my Zaino car polish. After about six months, the water's stopped beading. That stuff really lasts. Of course, I did put in four coats but it sure as hell lasted way more than even four coats of Meguiar's ever did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts