Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 2.5 Base (Canada ) and Im looking to get some brake pads. Ive read here most people use Advics. I was looking on ROCKAUTO and I found .

ADVICS AD1210 {#044650R010, 0446542160} Ultra-Premium; Includes Preassembled Shims and Molybdenum Silicone Lubricant Info
Front; Except 3rd Row Seating $44.79

ADVICS AD1212 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} Ultra-Premium; Includes Preassembled Shims and Molybdenum Silicone Lubricant Info
Rear $42.79\

Total front and rear is $87.58

The BECK/ARNLEY pads say they are made by ADVICS

BECK/ARNLEY 0891786 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} OE Pads Info
Front; Except 3rd Seat; Pad Mfg. Advics $40.79

BECK/ARNLEY 0891756 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers} OE Pads Info

Rear; Pad Mfg. Sumitomo or Advics $29.79

Total front and rear $70.58

The Beck/Arnley are $17.00 cheaper . Does anyone know if they are the same pads?

·
Registered
162 Posts
B/A is a "re-brander" the word is they are a step up better than the "house-brands". I used B/A suspension parts from NAPA and seem only to last about a year.....i'm not the normal or typical use driver. My vehicle drives over the worst roads in the US...NYC/NJ/PHIL and thru out the NorthEast, aprox 30K per year, so my suspension parts where fast.....i do know the Advics pads are the best, i use them with matched rotors, great stopping power,zero dust and long service life.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Advics do make pads for Toyota but whether they are exactly the same ones as RockAuto I don't know. The rear pads from here is just $43 which is genuine Toyota pads which is almost the same cost as Rockauto. The front is $65 which is higher than Rockauto.

Just remember the Toyota pads don't come with shims and are sold separately if you want new ones.

Getting the Advics from Rockauto which includes the shims is going to be the lowest option nearest to the original pads in terms of quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts