Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to custom upholesery today and try to get the same 2 tune leather chair kit you have they quoted me 3500.... I WENT INTO COMA...

·
Registered
422 Posts
OMG, are you serious???? Geez, we didn't pay even close to that much for both the Rav and the 4Runner together!! Maybe try another dealer?

Becky

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering Becky, where did you get your leather seats done ? I saw a website a while back that makes it for RAV4 but its a 1 TONE (GRAY) for like $350 or something like that..
How much was yours...and I Hope its not $3500.00 Maybe its like "REAL REAL" Mercedes S class type of leather instead of a Camry kinda leather. There is a differnce...
:D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone in the San Diego area (or OC/LA/Riverside who doesn't mind a drive), I can reccomend a damn good shop that does reasonably priced work ($500 custom cloth with stiched logos, leather depends on the quality of leather and perforated or regular).

Send me a PM if you want the details.

$3500 for a custom leather interior is VERY high, unless you specified true top quality perforated leather.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my 2-tone gray from Katzkin, the same place that provided
Becky's. I also purchased the 2 front seat heaters and the package (uninstalled) was about $1100. I have an upholsterer in my parent's home town that has done good work for me and will put them on for a reasonable price.

I think the price you got quoted could easily be beat elsewhere. Mine are still in the box but look great. I can't wait to get them on.

jerij

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya sorry i live in a town where there's ferralli and lambo and bently roam around... just down the hill where jessica simpson lives... the shop is in Westlake... go figure.

and i have a hard time finding an import shop here... there's is modification shops here though but they only carry stuff for european upscale cars... and i kinda don't wanna drive to download town LA and leave my car there for installation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ultima,

Go to the Katzkin Leathers site (www.katzkin.com) and use their authorized dealer/installer tool to find who they recommend in your area. I've known the shop where I had mine done for many years (I actually worked for an accountant and did their bookkeeping about 20 years ago, now I work for their attorney), but they also happen to be the authorized Katzkin dealer in my town.

The two tone leather including installation and seat heaters was $1,100 each for the Rav and the 4Runner.

Becky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts