Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard the RAV4 horn. I assume it is the typical beep beep horn that says 'pardon me, but can I please get your attention and if not, sorry for the inconvenience'?

If it is just a beep beep horn that also seems to come with most of the tiny cheaper cars, anyone know of a direct replacement that will plug right in? Seems like most Lexus horns at least say 'YOU!..WATCH OUT!!' Anyone know of a direct plug and play horn from Lexus or maybe a Tundra/Landcruiser/4Runner that speaks the language I want?

No I don't need a '!#*!ing MOVE' train horn, but there is a time or two I sure wish I would have haved one!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I traded in a Civic for a 2016 Rav4. The Civic horn was completely wussy. Very useless in Boston. I've only had to use my horn a couple of times in the Rav4. While not overly intimidating, it's definitely more substantial than the Civic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Funny thing about Toyota. I have a 2011 Highlander Limited - yep, beep-beep. Yet my 2014 Camry had a regular car horn. I just got a 2015 RAV4 and beep-beep. What is it about Toyota. I'm embarrassed to blow these beep-beep horns. They sound like the 1965 VW beetle I once owned but then I eventually put air horns on that.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Completely agree. I think it involves how certain groups view, using the horn, and how offensive it is seen as.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wouldn't know if they install them or not. I've done a couple of them over time, as well as trailer brake controllers, strobe flashers, etc. Then again, I used to outfit police cars, too.

If it's not within your skill set, one might speak with your regular mechanic if you have one. An hours' shop fee and a case of their favorite beverage, etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts