Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to significantly reduce the amount of time that beeping occurs when you remove or don't put on a seat belt? It goes on for 30 seconds. It drives us nuts when we pull into the driveway, stop for the mail (removing our belts), then have to hear beeping until we get the car parked.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm with ya there!! That is starting to drive me nuts. Would like a way to disable it or lower it's timing to just a few beeps. Don't believe the owners guide said anything about being able to modify that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I did notice that. I don't mind it beeping, but would like it to stop after 5 seconds or so. It prattles on for 30 seconds.

R

·
0 Posts
The other day I had to take my belt off for a second to reach down to get something on the floor (I was in the passenger's seat, my dh was driving)...and, the beep started slowly...then, it went faster! It was funny! I thought the car was going to blow up at any minute as the beeping seemed to get faster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On Honda vehicles, there is a socket that is under the seat that wires in the seatbelt receiver. It can be pulled out to stop the visual/audio distraction. I don't have my Rav yet so I can't check it out

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yes, I heard about that on the seatbelt socket under the seats. Some people have shorted the 2 wires out to simualte seatbelt useage. The problem with that is, these new generation airbags will inflate slower if it detects that you are wearing your seatbelt, therefore if you are not wearing your seatbelt and the computer thinks that you are, it can become a safety issue. Also, if you get injure in an accident and your insurance company found out about the re-wiring, you may have have a huge problem when you try to make a claim.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi,

You can not get 5 star rating in European NCAP tests without sound seatbelt "reminder". I am sure there is an way to disable it, as in any other Toyota vehicle.

S

·
0 Posts
TURN UP THE RADIO LOL. My wife use to unbuckle when she would turn into our subdivision but she can not now because it drives her crazy. And I thought I was the only thing that could do that.

M

·
0 Posts
I found the instructions to disable the seatbelt alarm on most toyotas....even some new 2006 models.....but of course it wont work on the Rav4.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Can't you just find the thing that makes the beeping noise and unplug it?

M

·
0 Posts
Technically yes but id prefer not to have to tear apart my dash.....i could unplug the connector that goes into the seatbelt but i heard that interferes with the airbag working. I think theres a process for it, i just have to buy the toyota repair manual to get it. Im trying to get one of the people on a different forum that suscribe to the online toyota repair manual database and see if they can find it for me. Whats odd is that theres a different process for the Rav4 than the rest of the Toyota models.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I've been able to reach a lot of things inside my dash just by reaching my hand up from underneath. Before you go trying to disable things you should purchase a set of the factory service manuals like I did. They are filled with wiring diagrams and can often help you find a solution to something much more easily than trying to figure it out on your own.

M

·
0 Posts
1. Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO trip.
2. Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver's seat belt while holding the knob cancels the buzzer reminder. (You may have to hit the reset meter knob to cycle through b-ON to b-OFF)
3. When this occurs, the LCD displays "b-OFF". The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON and OFF each time the TRIP meter knob is pressed. The LCD displays "b-ON" or "b-OFF" according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or trip meter if the knob is not pressed in 10 seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.

thats the process...but it will not work on the rav4

1 - 20 of 138 Posts