Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took all of 3 minutes. and 2 minutes were bringing out the cleaner and screwdriver. You can do it with your eyes closed

CornMOnkey said:
nice! was it hard to put on?

when's the next group buy? :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've got what looks like a big clear Sticker with Toyota written on it right where that plate goes? Is that sticker supposed to act as a scratch deterant or something?

Regardless I've got to get me one of those! Looks Great! :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
flyingn said:
its soooooo nice:)

Thanks Johnny!!!!!
Looks sweet! My pleasure, glad to help.

Just got off the phone with the dealership, they can send me another shipment of these. Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation and will not be back until 4/10. I have seven people on the list that wants these already, but if you post in the "sticky" group buy for these, I'll make sure you get one.

R

·
0 Posts
Question. How well do you think this would hold up under VERY hot sun? It gets pretty hot here in Texas, and we have a lot of days where the sun beats down.

TIA!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks nice flyingn, but it's not like the one I have on my truck. Mine just about covers the entre surface and has a lip over the edge of the bumper. There must be several different bumper proectors out there.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
The bumper protectors that Johnny ordered are made in Canada for Toyota Canada.

There were some different ones sold on eBay last month, originating from DeLand Toyota, a Florida dealer. My guess is that this is an accessory that was imported or created exclusively for the SouthEast US region, since it has yet to appear anywhere else in the US.

This is the bumper protector inlets has on his RAV:

For comparison, here is the Canadian bumper protector:

P

·
0 Posts
Hello all. First post -- please forgive any newbie blunder.

What do you think about the SET bumper bumper protector with the overhang vs. the ones from Canada (that Johnny is group ordering). The overhang seems advantageous, but the Canadian protector seems to be more popular on this forum, so I'm wondering if I am missing something. Do you think it is the $25 difference in cost that is making folks lean away from the overhang? Am I missing some obvious benefits/drawbacks?

Thanks for your opinions.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts