Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 rav4 belt molding. I have read a lot about the common failure of the belt molding on various year models. I'm surprised I couldn't find a STICKY THREAD on this subject. I just purchased the four moldings from the dealer,although there were no directions on how to install. Do they simply snap in and out or will I be disassembling the interior door panel and removing the side mirror ? If anyone has a video or info on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I've no idea what a belt molding is :shrug:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm willing to bet they are referring to the protective moulding on the doors...those 4 pieces are held on with double sided tape I believe...use a tape measure and level to get them installed so they look uniform...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I believe Body Side Molding is the correct term, as seen dealer-installed on the doors of this 2011 Base V6 with Upgrade Value Package:

I'm pretty sure they're just stuck on with adhesive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, that's the name from the dealer referring to the (dew wipes) or rubber strips connected to the molding that prevents water from running down inside the door. They also clear morning dew from your windows when rolled down.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Seems to me that there is a thread on this forum about those accessories but so far I can't locate it - more searching using different search criteria probably would locate it.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
They clip in and out. You do not have to disassemble the inside panel.

Get or make a panel-pry to reveal a clip on one end. Pull it up. The clip will likely break, but you should have clips in your kit, possibly already installed. From there it is self explanatory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts