Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat gadget!

Does it work?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...hse=BC&topnav=&cat=21271&hierPath=3960*21271*

Measure your vehicle’s performance with the Bel Vector FX1. The fast, easy way to learn the facts about vehicle performance, the Vector FX1 uses an LCD display to measure acceleration, braking distance, horsepower and G-Force. Other features include windshield mounting, a standard power cord and 1-run memory. Vector FX1 is designed to test vehicle performance in suitable and safe driving conditions.

Measure: acceleration, braking distance, horsepower, G-Force, 1/4 mile time
LCD backlit display
6’ coiled cord with standard lighter plug
1-Run memory
Windshield mounting
Warranty: 1 year

·
Registered
986 Posts
I don't understand how these gadgets work without needing to be connected to the vehicle's electronics or ECU, although I assume that they work using an accelerometer and a whole bunch of calculations. I have a decent background in physics, but I am still left wondering how these things can be accurate.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Derek,

I'm not really thinking of buying one. I was just browsing and saw it. It's cool if it works.

A

·
0 Posts
Jeff said:
I don't understand how these gadgets work without needing to be connected to the vehicle's electronics or ECU, although I assume that they work using an accelerometer and a whole bunch of calculations. I have a decent background in physics, but I am still left wondering how these things can be accurate.
I have an old GTech Pro and to be honest there not that good.

They work off an accelerometer and you inputing the weight of the car (and an estimate for my fat ass)

1/2 the time they don't sense your moving and - driving a 4WD 300hp Celica it would dispay my 0-60 time at 80mph and read hp of anything from 200-250bhp (remembering it's at the wheels not engine - an estimated 10-30% drop - how accurate :roll: )

Soon got relegated to the cupboard in the garage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts