Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I need one too, my Camry was eaten up with paint chips at the front of the hood and I need to protect my new baby, I wish I could see this thing on a car. It seems to go all the way across the top of the lights.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The BeneVento protectors are back ordered (6-8 weeks). Not sure why but every web site I checked indicated this. Must be production problems. I ordered the OEM "full" version and love it!! Hugs the hood and very secure mounting.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I just got back from the dealer, while waiting for lock and unlock programming, I checked with the parts dept, they ordered the Canadian hood protector from their aftermarket supplier for me, same price as the BeneVento but no shipping, just sales tax. It's supposed to be here Friday. It remains to be seen what I'll actually get, but I'll find out, it's supposed to have the headlight brow coverage.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quickdtoo,

Did you order the P/N that I posted or is that one something altogether different? What P/N did you order?

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
It's the same as the Canadian model, #HD20K06S which is the same as the US version that's not available here yet, believe it or not!!! I had a long talk with the parts people at the dealer today, they're as baffled about parts availability as we are!!! They were aware of the regional differences as well as the international differences, which kinda surprised me, they were very knowledgeable and their prices aren't as bad as some other dealers I've inquired at. For example, they sell the OEM oil filter kit for $3.95 each when 6 or more are purchased, the least expensive aftermarket source was about the same plus shipping and they aren't OEM filters.

btw, I got the bodyside mouldings from Peace Arch Toyota today, cost was $91, haven't seen my UPS bill yet, don't know how much the shipping was, I figured about $20 or so from UPS's online shipping calculator.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quickdtoo,

Can you send me pictures and information on the side molding that you purchased? I'm considering that as well.

re the hood protector - I bought mine in the US from a WA Toyota dealer. Inventory must be trickling into some US dealerships.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Jebinc, Missed your post, sorry!! Bodyside mouldings were $82 plus $15 shipping. Had to open a free UPS Occasional account to cover shipping. Peace Arch Toyota did have an 800 phone number, but not any more! The parts guy I talked to is Ben Cholette.

http://peacearch.toyota.ca/dwp/experience/en/home/index.jsp

Got the bodyside mouldings installed today, received the hood protector from my dealer, $69.47 out the door!! Pics later.\

Tim

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How does it fit? Do you like it? I'm debating on waiting for the benevento or just ordering the Canadian hood protector for $150 shipped. You think its worth the money? Let me know you opinion...need to decide soon.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I'm pretty sure it IS the Canadian deflector, it's made in Canada by Focus Auto Design for Toyota. It's the same one Jebinc bought from his local dealer. Regular price is $100, but I got a new car discount from the dealer.

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=35066&highlight=#35066

It fits excellent, although it's gonna be hard to clean under, it fits close. It uses 6 hidden clamp fasteners/push pins with clear 3M patches to protect the paint at the mounting points on the leading edge, and 4 stand off "bumps" stuck to the hood.

I wouldn't want to pay $150 for it if I could find it locally, although it is one of the nicest bug deflectors I've ever used. I'd recommend doing what Jebinc did, check all your local dealers or even call around to find someone that will order it for you. Be sure to use the part number that I posted, it's list on the invoice, so they should be able to order it for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Do you find that it keeps any bugs off the windshield? I know that they're not as good as they used to be for that but I was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
I'm more interested in keeping small rocks and sanding gravel from chipping the paint if possible, bugs wash off, paint chips don't. :cry:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quickdtoo said:
Jebinc, Missed your post, sorry!! Bodyside mouldings were $82 plus $15 shipping. Had to open a free UPS Occasional account to cover shipping. Peace Arch Toyota did have an 800 phone number, but not any more! The parts guy I talked to is Ben Cholette.

http://peacearch.toyota.ca/dwp/experience/en/home/index.jsp

Got the bodyside mouldings installed today, received the hood protector from my dealer, $69.47 out the door!! Pics later.\

Tim
Thanks! I assume they come in all the RAV colors. Did you just tell Ben what color your Rav was? I'm in need of a set of Pacific Blue ones. How was the install? What method did you use to get them installed "just right"?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey there, whats the dealw ith the dealer available hood protector. I actually have already got a couple scratches on the fender above the wheel well from scratches... i tried to polish it out-BAD IDEA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts