Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, trying to figure out the forum sections in my quest to determine the best 3rd generation Rav4. I know this has been posted somewhere don't know how to find it!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Hi all, trying to figure out the forum sections in my quest to determine the best 3rd generation Rav4. I know this has been posted somewhere don't know how to find it!
I think the sweet spot is the 2011. By that time, most of the bugs had been worked out, and after 2010, there weren't many recalls. Get the V6 if possible. The 2012 is just as good, except they put an oddball audio system that isn't compatible with any of the previous years. And no JBL audio in 2012 either.

·
Registered
9,027 Posts
"Best" when it is applied to motor vehicles is always subjective since people often differ regarding their opinions and evaluations. It would be worthwhile to browse through the 3rd generation forum. My RAV is an '11 V6, suggested by JuneBug as the "sweet spot." I have had no problems with mine but it doesn't have many miles on it. It is a bit of a road rocket with a very smooth, quiet engine and low RPMs at highway speeds. But with in-town short trips it is a gas burner although highway mileage is quite good for its strong V6 engine.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I also own a 2011 V6 Limited. Zero problems. Two trivial recalls (rear seat belt reinforcement and very nice windshield wiper tray.) City mileage 17mpg, highway 28mpg. V6 is so smooth and powerful.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The 2012s are also not at all susceptible to the "recall of the recall" rear wheel alignment arms significant problem, which IIRC at least some of the 2011s had (maybe all?)

Plus, I almost never drive without using the USB input on the radio, which wasn't natively available before 2012.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
2012 v6, only problem was a leaky rear diff oil seal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts