Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sweet little 98 RAV4. It is our backcountry car. My partner and I use it for FSRs in the summer to access remote hiking trails and in the winter to access our local ski hill that has a ridiculous road that bounces between compact snow, slush and ice with a steep slope and lots of tight turns.
I know that I'm asking for a lot, but I'd like something that can handle those winter conditions, but not be so soft that I will rip open sidewalls on the sharp rocks in the summer. I've been suggested everything from the BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 to the General Grabber to Cooper Evolution winter.
Size: 235/60R16

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't know in which province you live in Canada, but if like me you're in Quebec; the mountain/snowflake pictogram is mandatory for winter. This reduce you tire choice.

@ Poyo; your tires seems to be a copy of the old BFG KM mud tires. But even if the KM is now at it's 3rd generation... it's seems that this one is still available in US/Canada.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The BFG ATs will be best offroad and fresh/deep snow, the GG ATs and Yokohame ATs will be better in snow/slush/ice. Maybe consider changing to 215/70x16 for a bit more bite and ground clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts