Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, First off, let me apologize if this has been asked a million times. I did search and found nothing. I currently own a 2014 Avalon hybrid limited, my eighth or so Toyota. I'm looking at the 2017 Rav4 Hybrid Ltd and would like some advice. I like the Electric Storm Blue with the cinnamon interior, though there are not a lot of them out there looking on cars.com. The cinnamon reminds me of an expensive Porsche color. My Avalon has almond leather which shows blue jean color transfer badly.

My question is, what color combo(s) did or would you choose? Also, any comment, good or bad, on the Softex seat material?

I'm thinking long term and wonder which colors hold their value when it's time to buy again. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
No problems with cinnamon softex in mine so far after 16 month, still love it, will buy again when the time comes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you do buy the Electric Storm Blue, also buy an EGR Superguard Deflector like Quickdtoo. I bought one for myself and no more rock chips on the hood. The blue is an awesome color.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
If you do buy the Electric Storm Blue, also buy an EGR Superguard Deflector like Quickdtoo. I bought one for myself and no more rock chips on the hood. The blue is an awesome color.
Are you certain that guard prevents rock chips. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
�� We have the Electric Blue with Ash interior in SofTex. Love the blue! Would rather have the Black and Dark Gray interior, but I don't think it is available with the Blue. Had SofTex in our 2012 Prius v and loved it, it still looked new when we traded it in on the RAV.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Depends on the question that you are asking? From my experience, I've only had chipped paint on the very front of the hood. I had to buy touch up paint for that area, but the EGR Superguard protects that area completely and I have had no more rock chips there. It is not a full frontal bra, so nobody should expect that kind of coverage, however, my hood and windshield have benefitted quite a bit.:smile

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Depends on the question that you are asking? From my experience, I've only had chipped paint on the very front of the hood. I had to buy touch up paint for that area, but the EGR Superguard protects that area completely and I have had no more rock chips there. It is not a full frontal bra, so nobody should expect that kind of coverage, however, my hood and windshield have benefitted quite a bit.:smile
Same here, the only chips I got on the '15 Ltd were on the leading edge of the hood, had to touch them up, one wasn't just a chip, it was a small dent. :mad: The EGR Superquard prevented any more on it. I put the Superguard on the '16 Hybrid soon after I got it, no chips on it so far either. :smile

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have silver with black softex interior. I did not like the cloth seat options in new RAV4. The softex seats are good, though they do not have the real leather feel. I think it's easy maintenance for wiping out dust/spill. The only thing I worried about it was seats could become very hot during summer season. I haven't got into there yet.....

·
Registered
420 Posts
The best color is silver/gray because it doesn't need to be washed every day, it hides mild dirt very well. Also when you get stone chips the rust protection paint is roughly the same color making them less visible.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The trouble with silver is everyone in the world has one, I owned several rigs in a row over many years that were silver or white which are the two best colors to NOT look dirty all the time if not washed everyday, but I got bored with them, went with Electric Storm Blue this time, what a refreshing change, not as bad a darker colors for showing dirt, but not as good as silver and white in that respect.:smile

·
Registered
184 Posts
Blizzard pearl with charcoal interior ... wish they had that one when I was buying mine, only limited gets that color. I got super white XLE instead with charcoal interior. No regrets ?

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Of course, the best color is metallic gray, but the Electric Storm blue, and Blizzard Pearl, are not too bad either :) Honestly, the best color is always the one you are driving.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the dark metallic gray with Cinnamon interior. It took a lot to find it. I found it made the interior feel bigger over the dark fabrics. My ideal would be the car as it is, but with all chrome replaced with black.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the dark metallic gray with Cinnamon interior. It took a lot to find it. I found it made the interior feel bigger over the dark fabrics. My ideal would be the car as it is, but with all chrome replaced with black.

I agree with you. I have a 2014 with that same combo and if I get another I want it again. But like you I would rather not have all that chrome.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, surprised no one mentioned the Galactic Aqua Mica color. I have Ash interior with Galactic Aqua Mica as the exterior. I love this color because it was introduced with the 2017 RAV4, and only being available for this year+

I instantly chose this color because it was unique and brand new. It also looks green/blue depending on where the light hits.

I would recommend this color, I've received a lot of compliments about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, surprised no one mentioned the Galactic Aqua Mica color. I have Ash interior with Galactic Aqua Mica as the exterior. I love this color because it was introduced with the 2017 RAV4, and only being available for this year+

I instantly chose this color because it was unique and brand new. It also looks green/blue depending on where the light hits.

I would recommend this color, I've received a lot of compliments about it.
I have the same with black interior. Every speck of dust shows..... :-(

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I have the same with black interior. Every speck of dust shows..... :-(
Yup, will never own another dark color for that exact reason, the only time it looks nice is right after washing it, the rest of the time it looks like it needs to be washed.:crying

1 - 19 of 19 Posts