Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an online source that is offering this at a better price than the dealer? I got a quote of $1050. Thanks!

Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow!! :shock:

I was offered the 6yr/75K miles warranty here in Eastern MA for 1195.

In the end it was closer to $1k after further negotiations and taking a little off here and little off there.

Wish more manufacturers did what Honda does (I think they still do this) where if you never use the extended warranty, they return your $. Now that is nice!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow kendfw. Will they sell me one at that price?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
vigil said:
Wow!! :shock:

Wish more manufacturers did what Honda does (I think they still do this) where if you never use the extended warranty, they return your $. Now that is nice!!
I think Toyota and Lexus does that too, I would check into that if I were you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was offered the 7/100 for $975, then found it online for $925. I cannot for the life of me remember where it was, except that I think it had toyota in the URL. $800 seems like a heck of a deal, esp. if you get some offer where they'll pay you back if yo udon't use it. Please post what you find, I want one of these warranties if the price is right...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was offered the 7/75 for $1195. Negotiated to get a 6/72 for $625 since I was intending to get absolutely no extended warranty.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, I'll check with the dealership if I've time tomorrow. I think they offered about $800 for the extended warranty.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can buy extended warranty from any Toyota dealer. Also you can hold out until your 3 year or 36000 miles are almost up and buy it then if you want. There is a dealer on tundrasolutions that is selling 7/100000 for 985.00. His name is Troy Dietrich with Toyota pf Greenfield. All you have to do is furnish vin and he can send you a contract.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, you can buy extended warranty at the end of your basic 3/36, but it will cost substantially more than buying it when you purchase the vehicle new. Just learned this the hard way with the Explorer we replaced with the RAV.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
go 5 hole said:
Yes, you can buy extended warranty at the end of your basic 3/36, but it will cost substantially more than buying it when you purchase the vehicle new. Just learned this the hard way with the Explorer we replaced with the RAV.
That may be true with blue oval people but not with Toyota you can wait.Check it out but be careful because some dealers may try to strong arm you and say you can not do it. On the other hand it is like health insurance if you have a warranty issue and then try to get extended warranty it may not cover you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry folks.. I tried to reconfirm the price with the finance manager last night. He increased the offer to MSRP. I bet he'll call back on Monday with a better offer. They used to play that game with me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts