Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want brighter lights but have no idea how to do a retrofit so i think im going to go with the LED route? any recommendations on which LEDS are the brightest with a good throw/distance? its for my 2006 rav4 limited, thank you

·
Registered
93 Posts
Noooo. Most Aftermarket LED headlight bulbs produce a poor beam pattern and scatter lots of light, blinding other drivers.

I highly recommend converting your low beams to 9012 bulbs. Very easy and very effective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want brighter lights but have no idea how to do a retrofit so i think im going to go with the LED route? any recommendations on which LEDS are the brightest with a good throw/distance?
Was recommended a ballast and such with this kit @ HIDextra (rather than just HID bulbs) a few years back and stuck with their "factory" white and have loved em ever since https://www.hidextra.com/
(Their Universal 35W Slim Black HID Ballast)

No alignment or worry about beam position and such since the kit is all-in-one

*9006 low beam, 9005 high

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hid and led bulb will glare too much. Our reflector bowl were NOT built for led or hid.
Please dont do it.
I would invest in retrofit headlight service if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.
I recommend Caesar from www.lightwerkz.net
Well worth the investment IMO. Quality work. Quality parts. Quality service.

If you just want better light, there are 9006 bulb like Philips xtravision and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts