Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

best led lights?

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rav4.32010 
#1 ·
I want brighter lights but have no idea how to do a retrofit so i think im going to go with the LED route? any recommendations on which LEDS are the brightest with a good throw/distance? its for my 2006 rav4 limited, thank you

#3 · (Edited)
I want brighter lights but have no idea how to do a retrofit so i think im going to go with the LED route? any recommendations on which LEDS are the brightest with a good throw/distance?
Was recommended a ballast and such with this kit @ HIDextra (rather than just HID bulbs) a few years back and stuck with their "factory" white and have loved em ever since https://www.hidextra.com/
(Their Universal 35W Slim Black HID Ballast)

No alignment or worry about beam position and such since the kit is all-in-one

*9006 low beam, 9005 high

#4 ·
Hid and led bulb will glare too much. Our reflector bowl were NOT built for led or hid.
Please dont do it.
I would invest in retrofit headlight service if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.
I recommend Caesar from www.lightwerkz.net
Well worth the investment IMO. Quality work. Quality parts. Quality service.

If you just want better light, there are 9006 bulb like Philips xtravision and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.