Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best online website to use in order to get pricing from multiple dealers on a car? I’ve done this in the past but can’t remember what site I used since my car is over 10 years old. I know I can get pricing from Costco but I also know that if I use the website to get multiple quotes I will get a better deal.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What is the best online website to use in order to get pricing from multiple dealers on a car? I’ve done this in the past but can’t remember what site I used since my car is over 10 years old. I know I can get pricing from Costco but I also know that if I use the website to get multiple quotes I will get a better deal.

Thanks in advance.
I used Consumers reports and true car and still got the best price thru costco.

·
Registered
178 Posts
In 2011 I bought a car with Truecar, and it was the best deal on the market. Times however have changed as the best Truecar price I got this summer was more than $1000.00 more than the direct e price from the dealer. AAA uses Truecar as their engine - so I would guess there similar. However its a good place to start - to get an idea of local pricing.

I am a costco member but found the program lacking. The closest participating dealer was 2 hours away, and you had to go there to find out the price. I will NEVER enter a dealer without a price up front. Waste of time.

I think your best to get an e price from every dealer your willing to go to, and go from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Exactly, do what LowCountry Rav suggested with ePrices. Edmunds True Market value used to be my starting point but people here were sharing prices obtained that were significantly better than Edmunds and other sites. A dealer about 45 miles away gave me a fantastic price on same trim RAV4 I wanted and said that was best deal he could do.

I brought that offer to my local dealer that had the color I wanted and argued them down to meet the other dealers quote over the span of an hour. THEN I haggled my trade in (another hour and had to storm out when lies started being told).

·
Registered
63 Posts
You’ll always pay more when you add a 3rd party service into the transaction. If you’re ok with that, and some people are so there’s nothing wrong with it, I’ve heard the best things about Costco and TrueCar services.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You’ll always pay more when you add a 3rd party service into the transaction. If you’re ok with that, and some people are so there’s nothing wrong with it, I’ve heard the best things about Costco and TrueCar services.

Thanks,
Frank
Actually I’m just looking for the best way to get the best price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually I’m just looking for the best way to get the best price.
The best way to get the best price is to do some research first and then go to the dealer and negotiate. Whenever the dealer has to pay out to a 3rd party they’re not going to negotiate much, if at all, away from that price.

I bought The Informed Buyer https://amzn.to/2q0LPBJ from Amazon a few years ago and it was the best $3 I ever spent. This tells you how to research and find the best price. The author was a car salesman and sales manager for decades and knows all the tricks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts