Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wife a 2017 LX AWD in June to replace her 2010.

I really love the car and the time has come to replace my 2010 Matrix which is my normal driver (I keep a 2008 Tacoma as a hunting truck).

When I bought the LX, I asked the sales guy to give me a call when they decided to clear them out.

I am still keen to buy another Rav4 but curious as to timing: will I get a better price right after the 2018s come out (whenever that it) or is it better to wait until February or something - though I might not be able to get the color/package I want.

So I am wondering if there is a consensus when the best time to buy is?

Is there going to be any improvements 2018 over 2017?

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
18s will be available next month. In Wisconsin we have 0% for 72 mo with 500 rebate or 3,000 off on gas models. Hybrid is different. This has been the best deal I have seen in the 9 years I have sold them. It's clearance time and at the rate they have been selling, we may only have a few Limited and platinum trims left by the time the 18's arrive. Certain colors are already at a premium. Buy today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
2018 appears to just be carryover from 2017 with the exception of the adventure trim which will probably replace the SE as they appear identical. It's all relative but they usually will offer the best discount once the 18's are released or close to it. Keep in mind though selection. is limited and you own a model that is a year old already( thus is mute point if your going to own for awhile). Depending on trim your selection could be limited. If your looking at LE or XLE you will probably have better selection compared to SE, Limited or Platinum which usually have less in stock to begin with. It is very dealer dependent because Toyota deals with a bunch of dealer cash compared to all rebate and it will be up to each dealer on much they want to part with.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking of an LE of XLE AWD and there seem to be a lot of those around.

I didn't know the 2018s were coming out next month. Maybe I'll end up with a new car sooner than I though :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Best time to buy any new car, is the same week the new model comes onto the showroom floor.

Son bought a new 2015 Lexus RX350 when the 2016 models were coming off the car hauler.
- him and I are experienced in Sales, and the 2 of us together negotiated a whooping
13.3% off MSRP
- we didn't fall for any of the pit boss (sales manager) tactics / dismissed them straight away
- with easily approved financing (solid Credit score) & no vehicle trade in, to muddy up the "lowest out the door price"
- and prepared to walk on a moments notice, if all the Toyota rebates aren't forthcoming

^^ Best price takes deliberate timing, product knowledge, charm and a poker face of confidence...at times.
- I even hand picked the junior salesman to purchase from (few weeks earlier)
- and built up a relationship...nothing was left to chance, in the buying process
- more hungry to meet quota

BTW - My brother is looking for a used Martix for his wife, an auto with AWD...since they live in S/W Ontario snow belt.
PM me if your selling it private, maybe I can help / have another buddy that buys good used...South of London, ON.
Cheers, Larry

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Last day of month at end of model year. So shoot for Sept 30th or Oct 31st. Stage at least one walkout saying you are off to check out the CR-V next as you hear it has better ratings. With an AWD vehicle there can be a slight premium in winter months.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good tips!

Alas my Matrix is FWD, not AWD. Otherwise a great car though. I added cruise control (easy to do on a 2010). Everything works perfectly and I did the brakes recently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts