Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was helping a friend with his old catamaran. I brushed against the hull and the powdering gel coat. I did not notice I had the powder all over my cloths when I sat in the new car. Now the white powder is all over the seat. Normally I'd just wipe with a Lysol disinfectant wipe. Not sure how this would work with Softex.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
It cleans easy, I've had the Ash(almost white) and Cinnamon, no problem cleaning following the instructions in the manual:

Remove loose dirt using a vacuum cleaner.

Apply a mild soap solution to the synthetic leather using a sponge or soft cloth.

Allow the solution to soak in for a few minutes. Remove the dirt and wipe off the solution with a clean, damp cloth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you clean sh*t off of the softex & sterilize it?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because I want to be able to sit in the passenger seat and not have sh*t or e-coli transfer to clothing. It's one thing taking public transportation, it's another thing in your own vehicle. Got at least 90% of it up but I can still smell it close up.

Is Softex porous? I think there is an airbag somewhere in the passenger seat, there is definitely yellow wiring. Plus the seat heater!

At least it wasn't the Camry with the fabric seats!!

Tried two diluted non-bleach laundry detergents, dawn & joy dishwashing detergent. Next, trying sunlight. Called Toyota - zero info, called Harr Toyota, their detailing contractor uses some kind of Armorall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts