Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i own a RAV4 2010 Base Model and non-AWD (yeah i make mistake sometimes). I live in Quebec, canada (read pretty harsh winters). What is the best tires for traction in acceleration. I mean not get immobilise at a stop on a lil' hill lol. I was going for Nokyan Hakka R2 SUV. Not focus on price but tires that deliver.

Many thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi neighbor - I'm partial to the Bridgestone BLIZZAK DM-V2's - these things have been pretty awesome on ice and the little snow we have had, and am looking forward to the big snow (if we even get one this year).

I paid $120 (USD) each and have them mounted on Toyota OEM steel wheels. I swap my all seasons on alloys for the winter tires on steel.

If money isn't an object, I'd lean toward some Nokian WR SUV 3's. A colleague has them and says they are the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You want the BEST? Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 (if you can find them) or 8 (newer tread design, more expensive). Reported on this forum to be the BEST Winter tire out there: studded in multiple rows and good on Snow and Ice. Search this forum for some awesome video with those tires on board.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi neighbor - I'm partial to the Bridgestone BLIZZAK DM-V2's - these things have been pretty awesome on ice and the little snow we have had, and am looking forward to the big snow (if we even get one this year).

I paid $120 (USD) each and have them mounted on Toyota OEM steel wheels. I swap my all seasons on alloys for the winter tires on steel.

If money isn't an object, I'd lean toward some Nokian WR SUV 3's. A colleague has them and says they are the best thing since sliced bread.
Yeah snow isn't there yet hehe I heard before of those DM-V2 before. I'll compare

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want the BEST? Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 (if you can find them) or 8 (newer tread design, more expensive). Reported on this forum to be the BEST Winter tire out there: studded in multiple rows and good on Snow and Ice. Search this forum for some awesome video with those tires on board.....
Seen a set used 10/32 for 450$CAD of Hakka 7 studded.
Seems fair.

·
Registered
36 Posts
im running Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV 225/60R17 , they work great for norwegian winter provide a lot of grip on icy roads.

the only negative i can say about them is that they give you a lot of road noise.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Whatever you do put on 4, not just 2 on the front. The car will behave as you're used to, just with reduced grip on slippery roads.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi there, i own a RAV4 2010 Base Model and non-AWD (yeah i make mistake sometimes). I live in Quebec, canada (read pretty harsh winters). What is the best tires for traction in acceleration. I mean not get immobilise at a stop on a lil' hill lol. I was going for Nokyan Hakka R2 SUV. Not focus on price but tires that deliver. Many thanks
The Nokian tire you are considering are excellent. Are you looking for a studded or non-studded tire?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts