Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am an older guy, 71 years, with a lot of accumulated head, leg and back injuries from childhood, especially military service, and civilian instances, The seat of my 2011 is not so good. Four hours driving is about all I can tolerate. I must believe I am not the only one who finds the same. I hope,

Without considering cost, what drivers seat might our readers recommend?

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
There are numerous suggestions and complaints on this forum, for example on this page (used Search);

Toyota RAV4 Forums - Search Results for 2011 RAV driver's seat

If I had the money I would get one of Recaro's offerings, but some drivers don't like them - it's like with most things! I also have problems with the OEM driver's seat on my '11 RAV - my endurance is limited. The seats in my wife's '10 CR-V are more comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
At 68 and suffering from many of the back pains & groans you deal with I can't even make it four hours in my '08 with a power seat. Oddly, in her '08 base model RAV with a manual seat I find it imminently more comfortable. I might make it four hours in that one. I'm not saying that I could walk immediately after departing from that much time behind the wheel though. Standing and clinging to the driver's side of the car for a minute or two would be more likely

My thoughts would be to find an auto upholstery shop that could custom modify the seat (with the airbag(s) in mind) rather than replace it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pico, what improvement do you want in the driver's seat? Do you want a cushiony ride, or better support? I ask because I got Wet Okole seat covers for my 2007 Limited. They give a surprising amount of cushioning. They fit the frame of the seats very well, but there is some air space between the covers and recessed areas. You could add more padding where needed to the seat back. BTW, all the seat controls still work, and the side bolster air bags are accommodated.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
My best friend didn't like the driver's seat in his '11 Ltd so he had an upholstery shop restuff the seat to get it just right for him, it cost about $300, but they guaranteed he would be happy, took a couple visits and adjustment, but they made it perfect. He's had more than his share of back problems and surgeries. :crying

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pico, what improvement do you want in the driver's seat? Do you want a cushiony ride, or better support? I ask because I got Wet Okole seat covers for my 2007 Limited.
Better support, adjustable thigh and lumbar support. I did get Wet Okole seat covers, the best they make and they are very helpful. I'm considering a different back brace which might be best, and it is already covered by insurance.

Recaro seats look great but outside of my budget.

Thanks to all with the suggestions. Every bit helps. I did another search, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts