Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
# 1 : How can I put tires bigger than 245 65 r17 on a 2009 rav4? Readylift 2" lift kit won't solve the problem of the front suspension (coil springs) allowing max 29.5" tires. I need bigger space for the tires to allow more clearing space to go up north I have to do a little off road and 245 70 r17 or 245 75 r17. Which suspensions could I get with longer suspensions struts or coils springs that wouldn't be in the way? Can we put a 4runner suspension on a rav4?

#2 : Is there a bigger lift kit than readylift 2" front and 1" back lift kit? Their lift kit only gives a 12" clearing space under the truck?

# 3 : Wich 17" mags width size should I get to put 245's on 245 65 r17 to 245 75 r17? Which brands are the best truck mags.

·
Registered
671 Posts
For your spring question check 4.3 mechanical for the recent post in coilovers by Teksmrt. As for wheels, the 2002-2010 Ford Explorer had 245 series tires on 17” wheels, and these will fit the RAV4 hubs (you’ll have to check spacing and offset)

Reactions: Tony T

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Tony, please hit up the Search function as there have a been a # of posts about all this.

Specifically the Northwoods Performance, Tema4x4, and Ready lift - which you already have. My lift experience is HERE.

As noted, the front Struts Spring Perch is a limiting factor on how tall you can go. I put 235/70R17 on my '09's stock wheels. They're 30" tall / diameter and I've read a 30.5" will fit...but my 30" tires are tight. You could likely get hub-centric wheel spacers to push the wheels OUT and make room, but I have limited experience with those, and don't recommend them due to liability.

You could look at combining a couple different kits, but you'd need to customize your ABS, Brake, etc. lines and likely get into issues w/the CV axles if go much over 3".

And the 4runner is quite different. AFAIK none of it is compatible. I'm helping my step-son put a leveling + lift kit on his '05 T4R and the parts he has won't fit my '09..even with a BFH. :)

Edit: For the record, none of 4Runner stuff will work on a RAV. We finished up the 4runner lift and although it turned out great, EVERY SINGLE CORNER of that project was a PITA. The 4runner forums were mostly incorrect RE: the install of the Bilstein shocks and struts, and the FJ Cruiser springs we installed. Granted, my stepson bought stuff that was compatible vs. OEM and that screwed up much of the experience. Plus the rear spacers bought off ebait- that fit on top of the springs - weren't even close to fitting. He spent hours grinding them down to make 'em work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts