Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The billet grille is finally here for $84. i'm sure you've seen these things on ford trucks. Now you can grab one for your rav4.

Early model rav4 people click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03-Toyota-RAV4-Billet-Grille-Grill_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8010574094QQrdZ1

Later model rav4 people click here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Toyota-RAV4-Billet-Grille-Grill-2005-2006_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33645QQitemZ8010574213QQrdZ1

I'm liking the design of this thing b/c it has a space to include the stock toyota emblem. I've seen cars that look naked without their emblems.

T

·
0 Posts
ya i saw this too... and i wanted to see someone who has them installed before i buy the grille,

if you notice for the facelist model 4.25? i guess lol they have the bumper filler grill which looks very nice after i photochopped it... but i asked them about 4.2 and they don't carry them... maybe it's time we utalize the R4W power and send in bunch of request and make them realize there's a demand.

anyways if any of you happen to buy this grill please post pictures... I WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow reg! Talk about quick! One of the traits of successful people is that they can make decisions quickly. That's you! Can't wait to see it. Maybe it'll arrive by Sunday and we can see it in person at the meet....if you're okay with installing it in the dirt. For your ride, it can't go wrong. It would look sweet matching the front grille and being slightly hidden by it. AGain, if i had a different rav4, it would be like yours...except w/o the exhaust.

T

·
0 Posts
me too i like your rav.. everything except exaust personally i just think tanabes are too big... and big exaust looks too ricy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, at first I was hesistant to get the Tanabe, but I wanted everything I put on my Rav to be all original manufactured parts and not custom stuff if I had to. Since the Tanabe one was the only one around, I was determined to get it. At first I thought the tip was huge, too, but I've gotten used to it. Side's its not made anymore. It's a collector's item!!! :lol: :lol:

Zoomie, looks like you won't get to see the billet grille come Sunday. I barely got the UPS shipping notice today so it probably won't be in till next week. I'm just hoping it fits. After I paid, I remembered that I have the Sport model which has a different grill from the base or L. Just hope wherever the fasteners are, they're in the same place as the sport.

T

·
0 Posts
sports grille and regular grill has same mounting point, cuz i had regular and bought sports and just put it on without any problem...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hold off on getting this one guys. For some some reason, the grille doesn't fit. I got the exact grille in the picture, but I should've checked out the overall shape to see if it matched the 2001-2003. it doesn't. The 2004 grille seems like it fits from the pictures, but the 2001-2003 grille shape doesn't match at the ends and there's a 1" gap on top of the billet grille from the oem grille. Either someone didn't properly match the product to application vehicle or they goofed when making these things. I emailed them my problem and I'll see what they respond. Well, that put a bummer on my week. It would've looked good too. I wonder if its cause I have the sports grille? Ultima could you check your original grille if you still have it and just check if the plastic framing on the grille is about the same shape between the two? The billet grille seems to have a more angular shaped to its side rather than the squat U shape the oem grilles seem to be.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the people at the ebay company were really nice. ask for tina and she should be able to help you. I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to jip you and something weird just happened. i doubt it was intentional. Seriously, i don't want you to feel ripped off and the company was asking me for photos of the item installed, so i assume they were as excited to see it fit as you were. Contact tina asap.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, I emailed them but they probably won't respond till tomorrow since it was already kinda late when I test fitted it. I'm kind thinking its cause I have a sports grille instead of the normal base/L grille but I'd really like to test it out on one first. From the pics we took the overall shape of the Base/L grille doesn't seem so different from the sport's one. If anything, at least the overall outline of the grilles should match. Was there any differences in grille shapes at all during the 2001-2003 years besides the S grille?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I believe they are all the same. I knew the more recent 4.2's had different (more squarish) shaped grilles but i did not know that the sports version was different in 2001-3.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, the sports model has a different grille. I know it's interchangeable with the regularL/base grille, but the thing that's causing improper fitting is how the outline of the grille on the inside is not the same shape at the ends. I thought the L/base grille might be the same, but it's not from the fitting of the billet grille. However, I have to test it out first before I can send it back or buy a new base/L grille if I have to. Now, who can find as my guinea pig?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Just my opinion, but I am rather pleased with the look and material quality used on my oem 05 Sport grill.

T

·
0 Posts
i just check my OEM grille, it's exactly the same size, and frame work wise as the sports grille... just the design is different. what did they reply to you?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, I ordered an oem base/L grille from an aftermarket supplier. Just came in today. And, yes, the billet grille does fit the original base/L grille. It's totally incompatible with the 2003 Sport grille. The sport grille blocks where the bolts go thru on the billet grille and the opening for the Toyota emblem is a bit higher than on the sport. If you have a 2003 S, you have to buy and switch over to the Base/L grille if you want to put on the billet grille. The package came in late tonight so I haven't managed to install it on my Rav yet but I did install it unto the new oem grille I got so I know it fits. I gave the guys at Grille4U the same info so they'll probably put up a disclaimer that their grilles won't fit the S edition Rav4s.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts