Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Bilstein has front struts for the 4.1, 4.2 and the 4.4 RAV4. From what I can tell the 4.4 strut looks almost identical to the 4.3 strut. Has anyone verified if the 4.4 struts fit the 4.3?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bilstein does not make struts for the gen3 RAV4. The Gen4 struts will not fit. What about getting the Sports struts from Toyota?
Thanks for the reply. Well, your correct. It's not on their website, Just the shocks (B4). However, Deaver in SoCal and Northwoods said B6's will work.
It's just 1500.00 for springs and struts is less than 800bucks, hard to stomach 700bucks extra because it's a kit. I don't mind spending money as my
full Kings suspension on my other vehicle are way more than what my 4.3 costs. I just don't like wasting it for nothing. Even though its a RAV, IMHO no vehicle
should use spacers or body lifts, etc.

If I find anything I will post up! Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have talked (email) with a Bilstein rep and they say they will make them soon.
He also stated that they don't make a B6 model for our gen is because of technical compatibility with the active stability software.

I have asked KYB and Gabriel and they don't have monotubes for those either. KYB makes front struts and also loaded assemblies (spring+strut).

Probably that's why everyone that makes brake pads don't provide an upgraded front compound either for the V6 bigger discs (296mm), but they do for the smaller 4 cyl discs (275mm).

Using the 2013 4 cyl year shocks and struts in a V6 is not appropriate IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm wondering what Northwoods does then for our vehicles? I'm wondering if they are modding it? But good to know that
they are making them soon. Hoping that soon is within a year!

·
Registered
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 Limited GSA33W (Raiju)
6 Posts
People in the 3rd gen RAV4 group on Facebook have installed B6's on their 4.3's with no issues with the VSC. Pics from the post.

I have a set chilling in my closet with Modellista lowering springs from the 350G Vanguard already mounted.

Another option is the B14's for a 60 series Toyota Harrier Hybrid

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very Nice 84 (y)

Nice to see more technical posts like this on this forum vs. how to change oil or spark plugs. Thank you for doing so. I'm planning on going the other direction, up an inch but under 2.
I'll have to look to see what PN#'s they are using. What swaybars are you using? Smart on new tophats and endlinks!

·
Registered
2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 Limited GSA33W (Raiju)
6 Posts
The sway bars are by Cusco meant for the 60 series Toyota Harrier. Front 30mm hollow and a solid 25mm for the rear.

I went full quick strut so, I could swap em easier. Just if the rona would go away so I could have some help. Otherwise I', gonna need a week of sunny weather (which never happens)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts